Black seed oil, also known as black cumin or Nigella sativa oil, has been used for centuries for its medicinal properties. It is rich in antioxidants, essential fatty acids, and many nutrients, providing health, skin, and hair benefits.
In recent years, it has gained incredible popularity as a natural remedy for various health issues, including skin and hair problems, digestive issues, and respiratory ailments.
Explorevarious ways to use black seed oil efficientlyand reap its powerful benefits safely!
Related article:8 Amazing Benefits of Black Seed Oil You Want to Know About!
Organics Nature’s Cold-Pressed Black Seed Oil Capsules
Different Forms of Black Seed Oil
Black seed oil is a versatile productavailable in different forms,such as pure oil, supplements, or powder so it can be used in many ways. Here arethe most common forms of black seed oil you can find on the market,each with its ownadvantages and inconveniences:
Pure Nigella sativa oil
The most common way to take black seed oil (Nigella sativa oil) isoral consumption.You can take one to two teaspoons of oil directly, mix it into a glass of water or juice, or add it to your smoothies and meals.
To ensure maximum health benefits, always purchasecold-pressed black seed oil. It is much richer in nutrients and superior to hot-pressed oil in terms of benefits.
Capsules & supplements
Black cumin oil, another name for black seed oil, is also available in supplement forms,typically soft gel capsules. While the benefits are the same as consuming pure oil orally,most people find the pills to be more convenient.
Black seed oil capsules areeasy to consume, especially if you don’t like the taste of the oil. They’redosed out to the milligramso you can precisely track your daily consumption. Besides, they havea longer shelf life than the oiland are easier to transport when traveling.
SuperiorBlack Seed Oil Soft Gel Capsulesfrom Organics Nature
Black seed oil powder
Some health and nutrition stores also offerblack seed oil powder, made by grinding Nigella sativa tiny seeds into a fine powder.
Some people prefer cooking with black seed oil powder instead of oil because itdoesn’t leave a strong taste or oily residue. It also has a longer shelf life than the oil, which can go rancid if not stored properly.
However, converting Nigella sativa seeds into powdercan cause nutrient loss and reduce the product's potencyand, ultimately, its benefits for health.
Related article:Sea Moss Gel vs. Capsules vs. Powder, Which is Better
Black seed oil in cosmetics
Black seed oil is a popular ingredient inmany natural and organic hair and skincare products, such as face serums, facial oils, shampoos, conditioners, and moisturizers.
You can find many hair and skin products formulated with black seed oil oradd a few drops of oil in your own cosmetics too!
Whatever form of black seed oil you prefer, always look for a high-quality cold-pressed product guaranteedfree from additives and preservatives.
Related article:How to Use Black Seed Oil for Weight Loss?
4 Ways to Use Black Seed Oil for Health & Beauty
There are 4 ways to use black seed oil to promote your health, beauty, and well-being:internal consumption, topical application, hair care, and cooking!Each of these methods offers unique benefits and can be easily incorporated into your daily routine.
Whether pure, in capsule, or in powder form, black seed oil is most often taken orally, directly, or mixed with drinks and foods.
Consuming black seed oil orally provides the most health benefits, includingreducing inflammation, promoting weight loss, boosting immunity, and improving heart health. But it must be done right!
- Choose a high-quality oil only: Look for a reputable brand that offers cold-pressed and premium-quality oil. Ensure you're getting a high-quality product free from additives and chemicals.
- Start with a small dose: If you're new to black seed oil, start with a small amount ofone teaspoon or one capsule per dayand gradually increase the dosage over time. This allows your body to adjust to the oil and minimizes the risks of any digestive discomforts.
- Mix with a carrier: Black seed oil has a strong, bitter taste, so it's often mixed with a carrier like honey, juice, or water. You can mix the oil with your favorite beverage or take it straight, followed by a glass of water. If you don’t like the taste of it, prefer black seed oil capsules.
- Take it with foods: For maximum absorption, it's best to take black seed oil with food than on an empty stomach.
Related article:8 Ways to Use Sea Moss Gel in Your Daily Routine!
Black seed oil is an excellent, all-natural skincare product that can be applied topically topromote healthy skin.It has powerful anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antioxidant properties, making it helpful in treatingacne, eczema, psoriasis,and other skin conditions.
Besides, its high levels of antioxidants protect the skin from free radicals and helpminimize wrinkles and other signs of aging. And it's also a great moisturizer!
Here’s how to use black seed oil on your skin:
- First, cleanse your skin: Before applying black seed oil, cleanse your skin thoroughly to remove any dirt, makeup, or impurities. Use a gentle cleanser and warm water to wash your face. Then pat dry with a clean towel.
- Massage the oil into your skin:Using your fingertips, gently massage a small amount of black seed oil into your skin, focusing on areas of concern. You can also mix the oil with a carrier oil like jojoba or coconut oil for even more moisturization.
- Leave it on:Once you've applied black seed oil on your face, leave it for about 30 minutes so your skin can absorb its nutrients! Then, rinse it off.
Black seed oil issafe and non-aggressivefor the skin. It can be used on the skin daily or as needed. However, like with any skincare product,we recommend making a patch teston a small area of your skin before applying it all over your face to ensure that you don't have any allergic reaction.
Related article:What are Sea Moss Benefits for Your Skin?
Black seed oil also has powerful properties for the hair, especiallyfor hair growth. While taking black seed oil orally will benefit your hair by nourishing your body with essential hair nutrients, you can enhance its effects by applying it directly to your hair.
To use black seed oil for hair,massage a small amount of oil into your scalp and hair, leave it on for at least an hour, and then wash it with shampoo.
Related article:Sea Moss for Hair Growth + 6 Hair Benefits!
Cooking with black seed oil!
Black seed oil has been used in traditional and medicinal cooking for centuries. It’sa healthy alternative to other cooking oilsand addsflavor and nutrition to your dishes.
Here are some tips forusing black seed oil in cooking:
- Choose suitable dishes:Black seed oil has a distinct nutty, slightly bitter flavor, so it pairs well with savory dishes like stews, curries, and marinades. It's also a great addition to salad dressings and dips.
- Use it sparingly: Black seed oil has a strong flavor, so you may want to use it sparingly in cooking. A little goes a long way. Start with a small amount and adjust to taste.
- Heat it gently: Like any natural oil, it should be heated gently over low to medium heat to avoid destroying its nutrients and losing its health benefits.
- Add it to finished dishes: Black seed oil can be added to finished plates as a finishing oil to add flavor and nutrition. For example, drizzle it over soups or roasted vegetables just before serving or add it to your homemade hummus.
Organics Nature’s Black Seed Oil Capsules
How Much Black Seed Oil to Take?
There's no "one-size-fits-all answer" to how much black seed oil one should take daily. The amount of black seed oil you should use depends on individual factors like weight, age, gender, and overall health.
However, as a general guideline, here aresome recommendations about how much oil to take:
- For general health maintenance: 1 to 2 teaspoons of black seed oil daily is generally considered a safe yet efficient dosage for most adults. Alternatively, you can take2 Organics Nature’s capsules a day(2*1000 mg of pure, cold-pressed black seed oil).
- For specific health conditions:If you're using black seed oil to treat a specific health condition, like respiratory issues, obesity, allergies, liver or kidney issues, inflammatory diseases, or others, the dosage may vary depending on the severity of the condition and your medical history.Consult with a healthcare providerfor personalized dosage recommendations.
- Start with a small dose:If you're new to black seed oil, it's best to start with a small daily amount (half a teaspoon) and gradually increase the dosage when your body adjusts.
While black seed oil is generally considered safe,overconsumption may cause digestive discomforts,such as nausea or diarrhea. Additionally, if you have anyunderlying health conditionsor are taking medication, you should ask for your doctor’s advice before taking black seed oil supplements.Related article
:Find Out How Much Sea Moss You Can Take Daily!
How Long Does It Take for Black Seed Oil to Work?
The time it takes for black seed oil to work varies and depends on your baseline nutrient levels, as well as the results you’re seeking to achieve. Consumers mayexperience immediate benefitsfrom taking black seed oil, while it may take weeks for others to see noticeable changes.
For example, whentaking black seed oil for digestive issueslike bloating, gas, or constipation, relief generally happenswithin a few hours only.
Similarly, when using black seed oil topically on the skin, improvements can quickly be seen and appearwithin a few days only.
However, for other health conditions likehigh blood pressure, diabetes, or asthma,it may take several weeks or even months of regular use to see any significant improvement. In these cases, using black seed oil isa matter of consistency.
Related article:How Long Does it Take for Sea Moss to Work?
Lower Blood Pressure and Cholesterol
Initial research has found that black seed may help lower blood pressure in healthy people. It also lowers cholesterol. Women who combined black seed supplements with a low-calorie diet lowered their cholesterol more than women who didn't take the supplements.
On the other hand, in weight loss and reducing blood sugar levels, studies have shown higher doses of 2–3 grams of black seed oil per day for 8–12 weeks to be most effective (19, 21 , 23 , 24 ).How to use black seed oil for health benefits? ›
People can ingest black seed oil in the form of capsules or apply it topically to benefit the skin. It is also possible to add the oil to massage oils, shampoos, homemade skincare products, and fragrances. High quality black seed oil is also suitable for use in cooking, baking, and beverages.How often should you use black seed oil on your face? ›
Some research shows that black seed oil could benefit skin conditions such as acne. This may be due to the antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties associated with black seed oil. One study found that using a topical gel made with black seed extract twice daily for 60 days reduced acne severity by 78% .Who Cannot take black seed oil? ›
Are there some individuals who should not take black seed oil? Children and pregnant or lactating individuals should not take black seed oil. Certain drugs, herbs, and supplements can have interactions. 4 Always consult your healthcare provider before starting a supplement.Should you take black seed oil everyday? ›
Black seed oil is generally considered safe for most people to take for a limited period of time. However, black seed oil may interact with other medications, including immune system-suppressing drugs and medications for treating high blood pressure and diabetes.Does black seed oil get rid of wrinkles? ›
Black seed oil has these crazy compounds that repair the regeneration of damaged skin. These nutritive factors can also heal scars left by acne, dark circles, sun spots, helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles.How many times a week should you use black seed oil? ›
Dosing. Black seed oil has most often been used by adults in doses of 1-2.5 grams by mouth daily for 4-12 weeks. Black seed powder has most often been used in doses of 1-2 grams by mouth daily for 8-12 weeks. Speak with a healthcare provider to find out what dose might be best for a specific condition.Does your skin absorb black seed oil? ›
Rich in vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids, Black Cumin Seed Oil delivers gentle yet profoundly nourishing moisture that is easily absorbed into the skin, leaving it feeling smooth, hydrated, and nourished with a radiant look.Can you take black seed oil and vitamin D together? ›
Black seed oil and vitamin D are generally safe together and may synergistically benefit overall health.
Taking black seed with sedative medications might cause breathing problems and/or too much sleepiness. Black seed can decrease potassium levels. "Water pills" can also decrease potassium levels. Taking black seed along with "water pills" might make potassium levels drop too low.What is the best black seed oil to take? ›
- Prime Natural Organic Black Seed Oil.
- Fresh Healthcare Black Seed Oil.
- ORZAX Black Seed Oil Capsules.
- Amazing Herbs Whole Spectrum Black Seed.
- Sakoon Nutrition Black Seed Oil Gummies.
Black Seed Oil As a Facial
Wash your face with a mild cleanser then pat it dry. A few drops of black seed oil can be used to massage your face and neck. You can do this as an overnight treatment.
You can buy black seed oil and apply it to your hair and skin directly, or you can dilute it with a carrier oil. Black seed oil is made from the Nigella sativa plant, which is a flowering shrub that produces fruit with tiny black seeds. The plant is native to Asia, the Middle East, and Southern Europe.Can I leave black seed oil overnight? ›
Can you leave black seed oil in your hair overnight? You can absolutely leave this oil in your hair overnight. It's full of nutrients that seep into the follicles and scalp, nourishing and stimulating hair regrowth.What time of day should I take black seed oil? ›
You can take it before/after food or with food, but it is recommended that you take it raw to take full advantage of its benefits. Heating this oil can lead to compound denature, just as we mentioned before. However, studies and experts recommend this oil should be taken on an empty stomach before meals and bedtime.Is black seed good for immune system? ›
It's a powerful immune modulator, keeping the immune system in balance so it doesn't overreact or underreact. Black seed oil also quenches dangerous inflammation and boosts appropriate immune function, resulting in enhanced protection against infections, while it also eases coughs, bronchitis symptoms, and colds.Does black seed oil reduce mucus? ›
Two of the most powerful natural remedies in combatting excess mucus are Black Seed Oil and Irish Sea Moss. Black Seed Oil not only inhibits the inflammation of your sinus and respiratory airways, but also helps eliminate the excess phlegm from your body.